11 November 2010

17 months....

We have officially dropped the morning nap for an afternoon one. We have to stay very busy in the morning, but it pays off when we are happy come 5 pm. Ethan has become very into climbing and standing on things. We also had a very big first this week...Ethan "used the potty" for the first time! I had no intentions of starting potty training this soon. However, he wanted to sit on the potty as I was drawing his bath water one night and attempted to pull his pants down for the big event. So, I decided to go with it and bought him a potty seat that goes on top of the toilet. The next day while at work, daddy got the first tinkle while the bath water ran! I have no intentions of fully pushing the toilet training so early, but I will encourage him when he shows interest. I guess next is toilet targets!







first time on the potty
climbing and standing on everything....and yes, with a golf club
silly boy!
playdough for the first time on a rainy day

2 comments:

Mum aka Nana said...

Oh my goodness....What a big boy...He is just so smart...ummm maybe he gets that after his Nana!!! "just teasing"...He does have amazing parents!
Love all the pics; he looks so intense in the first one with the book and then the one on the ladder with the golf club; there some high golf balls that go flying in the air when he hits them. Love the little dangling feet on the potty...Sweet Boy.
Hugs Kisses and a whole lotta Love for you all!

The Gannons said...

I love the one of his legs hanging from the potty :). He's so cute!