08 May 2011

mother's day...

Today I feel so lucky to have been able to spend the day with my own mum, David, and Ethan.  I was scheduled to work and someone traded with me to be off!  Yes, amazingly nice...  Any of you who have worked a holiday and have spent them away from your children understand how excited you to just be with them on days like today.

And what a gorgeous day it turned out to be.  We had a yummy breakfast with my mum, quick trip to Home Depot for new shrubs, and an afternoon barefoot in the backyard.  The big excitement of the day was to find 4 baby geese (goslings) swimming in line between a momma and daddy goose!  So sweet.


so excited to have his water table out again



Ethan's new "say cheese"  photo face

Alex always happy to be where the family is


"Just give me my paci  mommy, I'm ready for a nap"

Two seconds later.  Oh, the magic of a paci and lovie.  
We may be sending Ethan to college with these two items...

I once heard you never truly appreciate or understand your own mother until you have children of your own.  Happy Mother's Day to our Moms...we love you!   


  

1 comments:

Nana aka MUM said...

I am thankful for having such a wonderful daughter, son-in-law and the best grandson ever! Thank you all for the special time we spent together on Mothers Day and the wonderful treat of breakfast!
I am so glad that you had quality time together with Ethan and David on Mother's Day.
A mother is such a special gift from God and I am thankful to have this opportunity and being a Nana too is truly a "special added bonus".
Hugs, Kisses and lots of Love.
PS: Can't wait to play with Ethan and his water table.