18 September 2011

bye bye paci...

last picture with paci and lovie

Friday was a bittersweet day for our us...it was the first time every I put Ethan down for a nap or bedtime without his pacifer.  I knew the time had come for him to give it up.  I couldn't decide on how to take it away:  loosing it, cutting holes in tips of them, putting them in a build-a-bear....I'd even heard of some people giving them to the paci fairy.  We decided to leave the paci at the zoo for a baby animal.

last bedtime with a paci

We spottted a baby Gibon immediately and I asked him if he wanted to leave it for the baby monkey.  I was surprised at how he took it out of his mouth with a smile, hopped out of the stroller, and walked over and left it on the fence.  I would be lying if I said there weren't tears hidden behind my sunglasses.  After a few goodbyes and photos we took off see the other animals.  I asked a lady to toss the paci left on the fence when she realized what was going on. 

bye bye paci


I later tossed all of his other paci's in the trash so I knew I wouldn't have any at home if things got rough later.  The funny thing was that we would run into that lady at other exhibits and she would kindly ask If we had changed our mind.  She said it broke it her heart!   She never tossed it, she said she kept it in her pocket and couldn't throw it away.

checking out the animals

Naptime had a few tears, partially due to the our cat nap in the car.   But bedtime went smoothly after running nonstop at his school social that night.  I guess it has been a while since I've had to wean anything from Ethan.  David and I both decided it was kind of a sad process, but needed.  However it is sweet to see those sweet lips when he sleeps now:)  He has done great over the weekend without it.  I think the hardest part was deciding when to take it away.  Oh...and we are keeping the lovie!



riding the new train at the zoo

"All Aboard" smiles!  Best $3 I've ever spent:)

worn out after a day at the zoo


0 comments: