17 October 2012

a little slow down...




Life with two is sweet, busy, and exciting.  As an only child I have always been nervous to be a mom to two kiddos.  That tricky art of balancing your time with theirs.  The one thing I am learning more and more everyday is how busy our children are as they grow up, a lot more than we were as kids.  Having friends and family with kids that are older I watch all the activities take place...soccer, swim, gymnastics, ballet, brownies, etc.  They are wonderful things, but it can all be a bit......much.....sometimes.  So right now I am taking advantage of those days where we aren't up, dressed, and rushing out the door for school before the 8 oclock hour.  I am trying to soak in the days where we are on our schedule....letting the kids nap when they need to, play when they want to, and eat when they are hungry.  I know this time is fleeting.  When Ethan was a baby we worked so hard getting him to have a nap schedule.  Bennett on the other hand loves his schedule....but it can be tricky balancing story time at the library for Ethan and Bennett's nap.  So today we are skipping the stuff and will be home letting the kids be on their own play schedule.  It is like I told my friends last night, "we are so busy with our kids, but if we weren't we would be bored out of our minds."

0 comments: