11 January 2009

Pink or Blue

In the next two weeks we find out if we are having a boy or a girl. I am so excited to find out! I have restrained from buying baby clothes, blankets, bedding.....basically everything until we find out! Truthfully, I always thought I'd be secretly hoping for a girl or a boy at this point. Now, after working over 2 years in a NICU, I understand what I means to hope for a healthy baby. I have seen things that only God could explain. When I think of little girl in ballet shoes or a little boy with David's curiosity, I can't help but get butterflies over the thought of each. I find it interesting how friends and family feel strongly about their guess of the baby's sex. Kelly Ripa was saying on "Regis and Kelly" how her oldest son always guesses the sex of babies correctly. I'm wondering who is right! The thing is I was always the wrong one when guessing other's pregnancies!

I am anxiously awaiting getting the nursery ready! I have no idea when the appropriate time is to decorate. I have just heard story after story of women having babies before 30 weeks who hadn't even started on the nursery. From the woman who likes to be "ready", that just makes me nervous! I am going to have a hard time picking out bedding! I have a feeling once we get a crib and bedding, it will be mission impossible to keep our furry baby, Moli, out of the crib! She will think she has gone to cat heaven!

The name game. Truthfully, I'm all over the place with names. I have always enjoyed having a name that no other girl in my school or county shared. Naturally, I feel pressured to find a name that no one uses! I guess maybe that is what Gwyneth Paltrow had in mind when she named her little girl "Apple." No worries, I will not go that extreme! But if you've heard any great names....send them our way!

4 comments:

Two Little Bugs and a Bichon said...

Naturally, I hope that it is a girl...and I want Paxton and Kellen to fight over her!!! So pick a name that sounds good with Nash!! LOLOL!!!!!

Brandon Ochab said...

Gotta say, getting to know Dave and Scarlett as "the Anderson's" over the past two years, whatever name you choose that baby will grow up in the most loving and caring family possible. Just don't forget about Steve and I when it comes to babysitters. We will just give the little one a nickname of our own. O Yea, and what the hell is this Ruth's Chris crap?

P said...

Scar, I am so excited that you find out soon... please call me sometime so we can catch up! I will let you know when I make it up that way again. Miss you! Tell David hi for me as well :)

VirginiaRuth said...

Well since we do share the unusal name together, and they are very southern. Naturally I want you to go with a sweet southern name!! Like Rhett for a boy and Virginia Ruth for a girl...hee hee! I'm sure whatever you decide, this baby will be brought into the world with great love. I'm hoping I can see you soon, I'm sure your adorable!!