17 September 2009

all good things come to an end...















drying off after bathtime!





Ethan has started sitting in his bumbo chair and holding rattles for the 1st time





Ethan splashing in the tub....he just loves water!







This Sunday I will be going back to work for the first time. I cannot tell you how much I have loved, loved, loved my time at home with Ethan. My mom has told me it will be the hardest day of my life, leaving Ethan all day for the first time. However, she assures me it will be good for me and it will get easier with time. I am trying to start focusing of the positive aspects of my job. First of all, I love working in the NICU. I love the adrenaline filled days of bedside surgeries followed by days of cuddling with sweet babies. Second of all, I can (try) arrange my schedule to where I don't leave Ethan for more than 2 days at a time. Also, I work in an environment with mostly young women who are mothers as well.....if they can do-surely I can too. The biggest downfall is that when I work, I will literally leave in the morning before he is awake, and not be home until after he is asleep. Missing an entire day of his life seems....oh I don't know.....incredibly sad. However, trying to stay positive....he will either be with David or my mom-two people who couldn't love and adore him more! I really can't ask for anything better than that. David says he gives me until noon on Sunday to be home in tears. Hopefully, I will be able to pull it together and snap back into nurse mode. Just keep me in your thoughts this Sunday:)

0 comments: