09 October 2009

oh where oh where have we been...





















first time sitting in high chair


about to eat rice cereal for the first time!


Ethan now loves to sit up in his swing and play with the toys!



his fingers are ALWAYS in his mouth!


my lil' pumpkin


happy boy!

everyone knows I love keds...





Sorry for the lack of posts lately, I have been busy watching my little pumpkin glow or should I say grow! I am loving this age with Ethan. He is so much fun....I hate to put him to bed at night, I want to keep him up to play with him. Our days go by faster than the day before! Here is the down and dirty of what he is up to lately:

~We spend our days singing. He just loves to be sang to, which is pretty funny because neither David or I are musical people. Music always calms him down or just makes him smile. Our favorite at the moment is "Wee Sing Halloween." Which I sing to myself nonstop!

~Ethan has started eating rice cereal and is doing great with it. The first day we offered it to him, I had my typical mommy tears....happy to see him grow, sad to see him growing so quickly! He seems so big sitting in that high chair!

~He has found he loves his fingers and sucks his thumb occasionally

~We finally stopped swaddling him. This NICU nurse had a hard time letting this one go, not only that Ethan loved to be swaddled. It took some time for him to adjust having "free hands" when going to sleep, but now he loves it

~He is in love with Alex and Moli. He looks for Alex when we are walking around the house. Loyal Alex is always nearby and Ethan knows this! He always looks to find him when I am putting him in his crib to sleep or walking up the stairs. Alex and Moli stare at Ethan and Ethan stares right back at them! I have been so proud of Moli and Alex for adjusting to life with a baby so well


~David is teaching him how to hold his own bottle

We are super excited about Ethan's 1st Halloween! Look for pictures soon! We have already been busy this week with a fun costume playdate!!!!