12 December 2009

6 months....already?








I am rubbing my head trying to figure out how time can go so fast. Ethan is now 6 months old and growing into a baby who is all smiles, squeals, and giggles. I must say this age is wonderful! I am soaking in the moments where I can sit him in the floor and know he isn't mobile just yet~ although I know this is just around corner! The thought of having to baby proof our home is startling.




I received a food processor for my birthday (thanks love) and have starting making some of Ethan's baby food. I am hoping to be able to introduce foods such as avacado or pumpkin that you can't find in the baby isle. He seems to love just about anything we put in his mouth....so far anyhow.

I was recently reading in a magazine about the favorite moment everyone has in their day. David says his favorite part of his day is when he comes home from work and Ethan reaches out for him to hold him. My favorite time of the day is getting Ethan ready for bedtime. No matter how tired or fussy he can be, bath time always puts a smile on his face. He is always ready to cuddle up as I read him his bedtime stories. Sooooo sweet!

Ethan at 6 Months


19 pounds 8 ounces (81 percentile)


27 inches (69 percentile)


HC 17.4 inches (64 percentile)



-eating solids 3 times a day


-will eat 2 2.5oz jars of food each meal



-eating 6oz of milk every 4-5 hours



-sitting up alone (he looks so big!!!)




-sucking his thumb less




-more interested in taking his pacifier in and out of his mouth than actually sucking on it....unless it is nap time or bedtime




-foods he eats: bananas, pears, apples, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, carrots, corn, avocado, peas, rice cereal, and oatmeal




-rolling from back to tummy and tummy to back




-looks in anticipation for alex and moli




-still loving to stand up




-sleeping from 7p to 5:45am....sleeps on his side or back, he still hasn't wanted to sleep on his tummy




-his laugh is a full on chuckle.....I need to catch this on film




-easily adapts to people....will let anyone hold him




-took our first music with mommy class.....we loved it! He loves going especially since his cousins and Aunt Jessica are there too!

-loves to be read to

-can sit in a highchair in a restaurant....this makes dining out a whole new experience

-babbling up a storm....I think we have a talker on our hands


note: Sorry the posts have been late and random: we are having a few technical issues with our laptop:)



0 comments: