26 June 2010

barefoot on the beach....

I can't help but to blog about this horrendous oil spill that doesn't seem to stop. My first instinct is to pack a suitcase with nothing other than a camera, swimsuit, and cover up and head south. I wish we could go and soak up the beautiful coast lines, clear water, and atmosphere before the oil reaches it. Everyone who knows me, knows how much I love the beach. Everyone who knows David, knows how much he loves the ocean. So much so that we were married barefoot on the very beach I spent my summers growing up. It breaks my heart that beaches we know and love may not be the same beaches Ethan can grow to love because of the oil. What is going on in the gulf is horrible. David reminds every time we watch the media coverage that they haven't even touched the surface of the fish, ecosystems, and effects of the spill. How can anyone call this a natural disaster, when it is clearly man made? Hopefully, something good will emerge from this disaster. Maybe Ethan's generation will do a better job at protecting and respecting our amazing environment. In my college Animal Biology class, I had a professor that claimed they had found musical notes on the wings of butterflies. What an amazing artist God is.....

0 comments: