10 April 2011

here we go....week 1 of 6

Tomorrow starts day 1 of 6 weeks of Ethan's Infant Swim class (ISR).  I say "swim" but it is a class that is based on infant survival in water.  We first discovered ISR last summer at our neighborhood pool when our neighbor Hannah, who is one year older than Ethan, was swimming around like a fish.  I was a lifeguard for 3 years {back in the high school/college days} and never saw a child so efficient in the water than Hannah.  The pool I lifeguarded in was a 12 foot deep pool with a large water slide.  However, I rescued the 1.5 foot kiddie pool toddlers more than any other area.  Moms turn around to look for big brotherand under little Johnnie went because he lost his balance too stunned to move.

Anyhow, after weeks and weeks of talking, David and I decided to give ISR a shot.   The class is intense....Monday through Friday for 10 minutes every day.  I am very much nervous/excited about the class.  However, the thought of Ethan having the skill to float at such an early age brings a comfort to me.  I want him to be as safe as possible in and around the water  but also enjoy the water just as much as David and I do.

So Monday morning at 9am say a quick little prayer that I hold on to my cheerios as Ethan starts this journey....

0 comments: