16 August 2012

Bennett at 5 Months...








Oh my Mr. Bennett is 5 months and we will cruise into his 6th month this weekend.  I must say during his 5th month there was a major shift....a good one.

First let me back up.  Around 3 months there was an inaudible click overnight.  I had sorted out the milk protein and soy intolerance, but something wasn't right.  His temperament and sleeping habits changed....well there wasn't any sleeping going on- just crying.  After 3 visits to our pediatrician office and countless phone calls I finally demanded a GI consult.  The GI doc wanted a few xray studies at Vandy to check his anatomy before he would prescribe a reflux medication, although he felt certain it was reflux.  I could not believe the HOOPS I was going through to get a second opinion and proper medication for my baby.  Finally, after all was said and done we started a reflux medication.  After a week on the medication...we had a different baby.  He was happy, sleeping, and would play!

Why tell you all of this?  I knew something wasn't right with Bennett.  I told David time and time again. "I'm that crazy mom right now, but you know what...I don't care."  And I am glad I didn't stop until I found an answer.  I think the milk protein intolerance caught everyone's attention and just assumed formula was the answer.  I may have jumped through more hoops than an Olympian, but it was worth it to see him smile and play now.  My advice to you...listen to your mom instinct.

So 5 months has been a big deal at our house.  Bennett is at that perfect baby age...he is laughing up a storm, content with his toys, jumping in his jumperoo, working so hard on sitting (loves to tripod), and loves his brother making him laugh.  Now, he is content to play but I find myself just holding him and kissing his sweet chubby feet and legs.  I know the time is fleeting... and I LOVE this baby age.  And I am so thankful to have a baby that isn't in pain anymore!

Bennett loves his fingers and thumb, but still takes a paci.  He now has his very own giraffe lovie that he puts on his face when he sleeps just like Ethan did as baby.  He wakes up in his crib quietly and you just hear his sweet coos in the morning...just like he did when he was a wee little lad.  He still loves his playmat, but now scoots backwards.  He has a schedule now (yay), and follows every bite you take when you eat.  I think he is going to love solids.  His new thing is playing with his feet.  He is eating 6 ounces and wearing 6-9 month clothes.  And last but not least...he is a flirt!








1 comments:

kcochrane said...

Look at all those sweet smiles! So thankful for modern medicine to help sweet Bennett Stone:)