17 August 2014

First Days...





Last week was a week of firsts...
First Day of Kindergarten for Ethan,
and a first day of Day School for Bennett.

While Bennett started his Day School this summer with a few camp days, 
the school year is ran differently and it was more firsts for him too.

We debated until June if we were going to send Ethan to Kindergarten.  
I cried many tears when we decided our blonde boy should go.
I haven't had any tears so far now that he has actually started, but
feel that in a quiet moment this week they will find me.

I've learned that while David and I strive to teach the boys about life, 
they teach us.  I feel we put on our brave face and tell them that school
will great!  New friends, big schools, new things to learn.  
Its when they go so courageously, that I learn from them
that new beginnings are good things.  Even if I will miss 
them when I find the house quiet this week.  

1 comments:

Sara said...

Aw they are so adorable!!

I definitely feel you on the struggles, though. We just moved my son from his bassinet in our room to the crib in his nursery, and that was really hard for me! Can't they just stay cuddled up in our arms forever? ;)