07 December 2008

Turkey for Two - times 2




We started Thanksgiving this year the weekend before the actual day. We traveled to Atlanta and enjoyed David's parents cooking. David and his Dad deep fried a turkey, which I had only seen them doing in pictures, which was great. We enjoyed catching up with everyone and playing with our favorite niece- that is until March, when we will have two favorite nieces! We left Atlanta to rush home and spot clean before we had a showing of our townhouse.

We celebrated Thanksgiving again with my mom in White Bluff. Mom cooked a delicious dinner and an even better (much requested) chess pie. My dad actually joined us for dinner, before he rushed off for this second Thanksgiving dinner with my grandad. We watched the Macy's Parade followed by another Titan Victory. I was trying to sneak in little bits of the dog show during commercials! Alex stayed with my mom when we were in Atlanta, so I was thrilled to bring him back home and see him. Well, I was glad until Alex got "sick" right as we picked up our forks to eat! Perfect timing Alex!

In between all the Thanksgivings, David and I found time to celebrate my 27th birthday at the Palm. I think the Palm is becoming one of my favorite places to eat! Yum! Anyhow, David gave me a Wii for my birthday. It is a blast. We are loving having friends over to play.


0 comments: