29 May 2010

just around the corner....


I can't believe I am saying this..."Ethan's first birthday is just around the corner." I caught myself calling him a toddler to David the other night and wanted to cry. How is it the best year of your life is always the fastest? I think, honestly, I just thought the "baby" part of having a child would seem longer. I never understood why moms seemed sad when they spoke about their children growing older. Now I know it isn't as much a "sad" feeling, but more melancholy. I have just enjoyed every stage, age, phase with Ethan, I hate to leave them even if that means we are onto the next amazing one.

Last summer Ethan attended his first birthday party...a friend's little boy, Noah, was turning one. Ethan was only a couple months old at the time. I found my self tearing up as his mom and dad blew out his candle and he ate his first piece of cake. It was at that moment I realized how precious and fast that first year is....... Even more than that how much growth and learning takes place that first year of life. It is truly amazing.

As we gear up to move this Sunday, I know my mind will be floating back to this time last year. The excitement of knowing you are about to meet your son for the first time, placing Ethan down in his bassinet for the first time, waking up to a family of 3, the list just goes on and on. We can't wait to celebrate his birthday with a few family and friends! What an adventure his first year has been, I can not even imagine what the future holds.

2 comments:

Mum aka Nana said...

I totally agree...it has been a fast year and amazing watching Ethan grow and get more and more precious each day. Can't wait to celebrate little man's 1st Birthday! Hugs, Kisses with lots of love.

P said...

I have not checked mine or anyone elses blog in months and am just now catching up! Ethan has grown so much and is cuter than ever. I miss you dearly and hope your move has gone well. I hope to see you soon!