14 May 2010

a First Mother's Day...



This post is a little belated, but I couldn't go without mentioning my first Mother's Day! Well, I say first, but it feels like my second. Last year I was a very pregnant mommy-to-be and David treated me nicely:) This year I was scheduled to work and someone offered to work for me. I was very thrilled to have the day off to spend with my family. However, we all 3 have our first "family illness" where we are all 3 sick with the same bug at the same time. I used to think it was kind of "cute" when families did that, until it happened to our family! So needless to say I was feeling a little (or a lot) under the weather, but still had a wonderful day. Not only did David and Ethan shower me with love, but my mom and mother-in-law did so as well. I tried to tell them Mother's Day is about celebrating our mothers. I am beginning to understand that those who have had the privilege of being a mom, understand how precious it is to be a mommy. Thank you both...it is from you both I have learned to be the mom I am today.

I don't know if you noticed my Tennessee hat in the photo above. I have been so proud of Nashville's reaction to the flood that I have been wearing my hat a lot lately. I am in constant awe of the volunteer efforts that friends/family/strangers are giving to those who have lost their homes to the flood waters. I can't help but to notice that everyone who was spared from the flood waters are so thankful and grateful for things they have. I know I find myself counting my blessings more and squeezing my family tighter.

0 comments: