15 September 2010

wine and art...


Last Saturday, my mother-in-law, two sister-in-laws, and a friend decided we needed a girls day. We spent the afternoon strolling through the Botanical Gardens at Cheekwood where Chihuly art is displayed throughout the gardens. I first became familiar with Chihuly's glass art when I saw it displayed at the Atlantis in the Bahamas. I was excited when I heard it was on exhibit at Cheekwood and the Frist. What a lovely way to spend an afternoon....strolling through a garden with art hidden throughout it. We had a great time! In fact, I can't wait to take David and Ethan back to Cheekwood at night to see the glass light up! Although the photos are great, I would encourage you to go walk the gardens. Photos don't do it justice.









Lunch at the Pineapple Room at Cheekwood
We ended the day at Arrington Vineyard. I mean, you need to sit and reflect on the art, right? And what better way than over a glass of wine! This photo was taken at the wine tasting we did at the vineyard. Our favorite was the dessert Raspberry wine what is served with chocolate raspberry truffles. Yum! Thanks girls for a lovely day!

0 comments: