26 December 2010

a white christmas....

Christmas through a child's eyes is always the best way to see Christmas. Watching Ethan's excitement opening new toys this year was priceless. At times, he would stomp and laugh when he got so excited because he hasn't mastered the "jumping" skill. So sweet! We started our Christmas celebration a week early with my mom and my extended family. My mom and dad came over after Santa had come to open more gifts and cook our traditional Christmas Breakfast complete with Chocolate gravy my Maw-Maw always made. We then headed to Atlanta to celebrate with the Anderson clan. David's mom made her traditional mini quiches that we munched on while we tackled the mounds of gifts.

On Christmas Day I had just put Ethan down for his nap and came downstairs to find it snowing on Christmas! I later told David the snow was my favorite "gift" this year for Christmas. I just can't believe it snowed on Christmas Day. The last time I remember snow on Christmas Day was when I received a trampoline from Santa and jumped all day in the snow.

All and all there is too much to be said about Christmas traditions, gifts, family, trees, stockings..... The one thing that must be said is how much we are blessed and loved.




Ethan and Nana dancing
at Nana's house
Ethan spiked a fever a week before Christmas:(
At Nana's for Christmas....and the fever rises
alex is always into the spirit of Christmas
Moli helps with the wrapping
Cookies for Santa and carrots for the reindeer
Ethan's first four wheeler!
"Let me just dig a little deeper, there must be more tonka trucks!"
Christmas in Atlanta, just a few gifts to be opened
Ethan's new helmet!
snow!

Grandma's Frosty Friend's. She collects Hallmarks Frosty Friends and places the in the bath tub with "snow" and lights. Ethan loved it!

Whitney, David, Grandpa, and Stephen
Ethan in the snow!


1 comments:

Mum aka Nana said...

Wow...Christmas just gets better and better all because of family. Love watching Ethan open and play with his toys...He is so much fun and radiates such a happy spirit.
Such a precious sweet child that I am truly thankful and blessed to have Ethan, Scarlett and David in my life. Merry Christmas 2010! Lots of hugs, kisses and all my love.