30 January 2011

30 before 30....




Most people dread thirty or the big 3-0, but I am kinda excited about it.  There is just something sophisticated sounding about the 30's in comparison to the 20's.   I have decided to make a list of 30 things I want to do before I am thirty.  It is sort of a random list of fun, but why not finish out my 20's doing things that make my heart smile?

1.    go on a hike on a beautiful fall day
2.    start my long attempt at learning to sew
3.    read Ethan through the toddler list at our library
4.    start Pilate's again (can we say peaceful)
5.    watch Ethan walk on the beach
6.    surprise my hubbie with a candle lit dinner for two cooked by me
7.    hang curtains in our bedroom
8.    rename my blog (more to come on that one)
9.    for one solid week nap when my toddler baby naps
10.  have one day alone to sit in the sun and read....alone
11.  plant flowers
12.  have fresh peonies in my house on our anniversary, just like I carried in our wedding
13.  wine with girlfriends somewhere fabulous
14.  have dinner on our patio this summer barefoot
15.  go to the symphony
take a break...this list is long
16.  use a fun textile somewhere in the house.....(curtains, pillow)
17.   journal on my old laptop...I did this a lot in college
18.  give someone a simple gift....just because
19.  challenge for my RN III at work
20.  leave the tv off for an entire day
21.  go see the ballet with my mom
22.  sleep with the windows open {i love the sound of a summer night}
23.  take a bubble bath....with candles and a gossip magazine!
24.  spring picnic at the park with ethan and david
25.  drink hot tea from my Kate Spade teacup
26.  bake something yummy
27.  host a dinner party
28.  swim on a hot summer night
29.  take alex on a walk {just him and i like old times}
30.  sit still for 20 minutes in a quiet house and not do a single thing---going to be the hardest one yet!

see honey, there is still hope!

Sincerely,
Scarlett

1 comments:

Mum aka Nana said...

Scarlett,
I am so sure that you will meet all of your "before 30" bucket list before 30! Love, Hugs, & Kisses for you all!