11 January 2011

winter cleaning...


You may be wondering what I have been up to with the lack of blogging in the new year. I kicked off 2011 with a few busy shifts at work and a loooong list of projects to do around the house. I felt like the tubs all needed a scrub, the floors mopped, the sheets changed....you know the stuff that gets pushed aside during the rush of the holidays.


One of the first projects on my "20-eleven" project list was tackling the playroom. I noticed that Ethan was not interested in playing in the playroom even will all this new toys. I decided it was time to use those "cubbies" that we built in when we were drawing up plans for the house for storage of toys. I pulled several toys from the playroom and put them in the storage "cubbies." I plan to start cycling the toys when he seems uninterested with what is out. It worked like magic....I guess too much of a good thing, can be too much sometimes. Cleaning and re-organizing the playroom is just the start. I hope to eventually add a bookcase and more storage for all of those new toys. David's project list may be getting longer....





Early in the days of designing our house, I put up a big fight for Ethan's bathroom: the toilet needs to be completely out of the way of the tub when you have little ones to bathe (recessed). Well, David listened and I have enjoyed Ethan's bathroom, but it needed more color than a shower curtain. I used the adorable bath wraps from Potterybarn that Ethan has outgrown and his bath mitten to add color to the room. I found this adorable print on etsy. I picked this particular silhouette because it was called the "wyatt" and it reminds me of the way Ethan marches around when we dance to music. I ordered my nieces the same thing for Christmas. It was one of my favorite gifts I gave this year.



Speaking of David, he has been busy tackling one of the projects that has been on his list since we moved in. He had wired the house for surround sound/speaker system and installed the speakers and receiver. I have loved listening to it already, and we still have a couple speakers to buy for other rooms in the house. I must say having a handy hubby has its perks.


This week I hope to tackle this blank wall in the family room. I have been wanting to do a symmetrical arrangement of photos since the drywall went up last Spring. I have been adamant about having Ethan's milestone (newborn, 3m, 6m, etc) photos taken but have little displayed. I have them safely stored on smugmug with lots of plans to use them. My dad surprised me for Christmas (with help of my mom) of ordering the rest of my 8 frames to finally complete the wall. Hanging them symmetrically, will be, to say the least, a challenge. Oh and picking just 9 photos to hang! I will let you know how it goes.



1 comments:

Mum aka Nana said...

Looking good...Love the personalized pic in Ethan's bath!