23 June 2011

infant swim: and we are done!




Last week Ethan has his official last day of ISR (infant swim resources).  He had completed his checkoff fully clothed and in shoes the week prior.   We wrapped up the class with a fun session with me in the pool, dive rings, and last pieces of advice from his teacher.

I was so thrilled and proud of him and what he has accomplished over the last 7 week or so.  It was definitely  a commitment but worth every second.  He gained so much confidence and countless skills during the course.  I feel lucky to have found out about ISR and find an awesome teacher.

Just today at the pool I watched him spot a toy and jump right of the step to grab to the ball to realize I wasn't standing in the water to grab him.  He turned himself around and kicked back to the step.  I think that was my moment that I realized how amazing the skills are that are taught.  Of course I was right there, but watching my two year old trouble shoot and calmly find his way back was awesome to witness.

Maybe at some point this summer, I can get it together and take some photos at the pool:)  Ethan, we are so proud of you!

1 comments:

Nana aka MUM said...

Nana is also so so so proud of Ethan. It was rough on Nana watching him in the water but he did great each day I was with him. I have to say that I am really happy the class is OVER! Great job Ethan! Hugs, Kisses with lots and lots of love.