04 August 2011

Day school worries





Today I am dragging from my lack if sleep last night. Ethan starts day school one week from today, and my anxiety kicked in around 11pm and kept me up most of the night. I know he will most likely love it...however that doesn't stop me from worrying. I am now concerned about what to send him for lunch, will they help him with his lunch, how will nap time go, will he play well with the other kids, what if he is upset the entire time....

I know I can watch him on the Internet in his classroom, but I still worry.

How did your kids first day if Mother's day out go or pre-k? Where you more upset than your kids? How long did it take for you to know if it works or not?




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comments:

Kelly said...

I was worried about Hutch and Anniston too, but they did GREAT! I just knew they would never nap there, but they did every time this summer (we are on a 6 week break and start back in September). I always sent food they could eat themselves - fruit, cucumbers, pb & crackers, etc. They never eat much at school but as soon as we get in the car they finish off their lunches. From what I've been told, they play well with others and don't cry except maybe for a little bit at drop off. We read "Llama Llama misses Momma" every night before they go to school and I think that helps. It's about a llama who is too sad about his mom leaving to enjoy school but at the end he realizes his Mommy always comes back and realizes he loves school. Anniston always says "Mommy you be back!" at drop off. It will prob be harder on you than him!!