17 November 2011

the boys are back in town...

David recently took off for a 4 day hunting trip with his father and brother in South Dakota.  I think it was a much needed trip for David.  In the meantime I had some big things on my to-do list to tackle. 

David is 6th guy in from the left

First up:  get a jump start on my Christmas shopping.  This was big for me being I am usually a late shopper.  However, this year I am entering the holiday season in my third trimester.  I thought it might be nice to have most if not all of my shopping completed by December.  So maybe in December I can focus on other big items...such as moving Ethan into a big boy bed and redoing his bedroom not to mention a new nursery for our little peanut!  {and decorating a tree, wrapping gifts, holiday baking, parties, etc}.  I am so excited about experiencing Christmas again through Ethan's eyes this year!  I really want to be able to sit by the fireplace, sip cocoa, and enjoy it.

Second on my list was to start to potty training Ethan.  I had a five day stretch off from work so I thought I should at least give it a try.  I picked up a little potty at Target and after day school on Thursday off came diaper and on went the big boy undies.  Unlike my usual self, I winged it.  No books, no manuals, - just gave it a go.  And he did!!!  This mommy couldn't be any prouder.  I wasn't really expecting big results.  But by Friday he was asking to go and taking himself.  I don't think his body is ready to tackle naps and bedtime yet, but he is already waking up with either a dry pull up or barely wet pull up.  Did I mention how cute Ethan's little bum is in big boy undies? 


Ethan working on his potty, even his potty needed a few screws and hammer!


I did find time to have dinner with several family members and wrap a few Christmas/birthday gifts.  I gave it my all at learning to pipe icing and declared Publix the master baker over my skills and tossed my cupcakes!  Oh well...you can't do it all sometimes.  However, I still would like to try the class Michael's Craft Stores offer.

Did I mention how 11.11.11 just may be favorite day of 2011?  Not only did Ethan's potty training kick in, but I was offered a part time position at work, my FMLA was officially approved, and I got a Christmas trade I needed badly at work.  I am thrilled about going part time at work and being home with Ethan and the baby more!

Now, If I can just make a decision on bedding for Ethan's new room...

0 comments: