08 July 2009

5 weeks....



5 weeks


5 weeks



after our first dining out experience as a family of 3





our little family at the restaurant




mommy and Ethan watching a movie in bed!
Nana rocking Ethan....someone has the magic touch!

Ethan is now 5 weeks old. David and I finally "ripped the band aid off" as my friend Courtney puts it and attempted to dine out.....as in out of the house for the first time as family of 3. Drum roll please.....it went amazingly well! I even enjoyed a blue moon for the first time in many months! It was fun to be out and about with Ethan bear! David and I enjoyed ourselves and I deemed it a "date."







Ethan is starting to smile when spoken to. It makes my heart melt with every smile! I am amazed at how fast he grows and changes! Each day passes faster than the previous day. Pretty soon he is going to be running around chasing his cousins! He also has outgrown several outfits this week.....3 to be exact! Which to me is bitter sweet!


We celebrated Ethan's first 4th of July this year with a fireworks frenzy. On the 3rd of July we went to Courtney and Aaron's parent's house to watch fireworks from the Brentwood Country Club poolside. We were amazed that Ethan and their twin boys, Kellen and Paxton, slept through the entire fireworks display! I call that a miracle! Then on the 4th of July, we attempted to watch the Nolensville fireworks but missed them.....so David bought fireworks and shot them at our townhouse! Needless to say our neighbors weren't that enthused as he was! He had a blast and I held my breath the entire time hoping each bang wouldn't wake the baby....which it didn't! Ethan wore his "baby's first 4th of July" outfit from Grandma and Grandpa. I am still kicking myself I didn't take a picture of him in it!




2 comments:

Two Little Bugs and a Bichon said...

He is looking long, how tall is he??!!!! Good job on getting out, it will get easier each time!! Until they hit six months and want to get out and crawl around on restaurant floor!!! Im still trying to figure out how they slept through the fireworks AND why I continue to tiptoe around their room knowing they sleep through fireworks!!!!!!!!!!!!

P said...

awww looks like things are going fantastic! I miss you and can't wait to meet your little man!