06 October 2011

Ethan's First Field Trip...


Ethan recently took his first field trip to a local farm called Lucky Ladds.  What a blast!  Ethan and I both had the best time petting the animals, going on a hayride, playing on the playground, and having a picnic lunch with his school.  The farm only opens during the week for schools so the PBJ kids had the run of the entire farm.  Lucky Ladd's even had a farmer come speak to the kids about the difference between chickens and hens {how ironic is that Aunt Jess and Aunt Whit?}.  We completed the day with fruit punch in a pumpkin-shaped squeeze bottle as I carried out two pumpkins:  one for each of my little pumpkins!

brushing the goat

petting the sheep

can you spot my little blondie on the mound of tractor tires?

stare down with a mule:  checking each other out

Country boy tire swing

playing with Tonka's in Corn


petting a chicken

Riding a Ford Tractor

pumping water

After spending the day with Ethan and his class mates, it made me realize just how big he is getting and the changes he has made since starting day school in August.  David and I can't believe just how quickly we've gone from small talk to having conversations with Ethan.  He now chimes in when I am singing songs to him and almost has his ABC song down pat.  Overall, it was a great day~ one worth calling in sick for {wink}!

0 comments: