11 October 2011

weekend warrior hubby...

Last weekend David made his coffee pretty strong because he was definitely a weekend warrior.  First of all, he surprised me by bringing home these new spindles to add to our staircase:  


spindles before

spindles after

If any of you have a sandbox in your backyard, you might have a love/hate relationship with yours like we do.  I love how it entertains Ethan for hours at a time, I hate how the sand ends up in your house.  David hated the maintenance of grass around around it.  We almost packed up for good more than once.  At a birthday party a few weeks ago, we love how our neighbors had their landscaper "landscape" their tots toys.  So, a quick trip to Lowe's and my "landscaper" hubby comes home and makes this:
sandbox before (not a great before photo but you get the point)

backyard play area after
now with a few scrubs and a dogwood tree

We added a few hardy shrubs and a shade tree into the play area.  Ethan loves having his new area to play!  Oh, and his playhouse had been also on our patio as well.  We were thrilled to regain our patio space again and he seems to like being able to jump from sandbox to playhouse.

Ethan's house


Not last but least, we added shades to our chandelier in the dining room.  I've been looking for shades at places like Potterybarn and Ballard Designs, but couldn't bring myself to buy shades at $15-30 a piece.  David found these at Home Depot for $6 a piece.  Much nicer price!  
before shades

after with shades

David worked on all of this while I wrapped up my yard sale fun.  The yard sale went well considering I ran Ethan to the pediatrician in the middle of everything for "the croup."  He is better and I am glad to have cleaned out our storage/attic room.  A pretty big project that I have no plans on capturing on film until the container store comes and attacks my mismatched rubbermaid totes!  Anyhow, the nesting phase of this pregnancy has definitely kicked in!

0 comments: