15 January 2014

this is what's for dinner...


my winter restlessness has lead me to try new recipes.  I've been trying one to two new recipes each week some found in my cookbooks and others on my beloved pinterest.  I have to give credit where it's due...Pinterest seems to be the crowd pleaser at our house among the boys.  to be honest i am not much of a risk taker...however i was growing bored with our dinner routine and decided interesting is better than boring and expected.  here are three recipes that will be making a second rotation on our dinner table...


This is what we tried tonight.  Pesto, asparagus, and sun dried tomatoes over pasta shells.  The look I got from David {actually statement} was where is the meat?  If you follow the link she suggests serving it with a fried egg over the top.  Once I added the fried egg David statement changed to "I'd serve this in a restaurant."  Honestly, it looks a lot harder that it was and your veggies are camouflaged from the kids.


This garlic and brown sugar chicken has become a staple.  It's quick, you typically have everything on hand, and it goes with about anything!  We prefer paired with Uncle Ben's long grain wild rice, salad,  and edamame.  Try it!  If have clicked the link...yes it cooks at a ridiculously high temp.  Don't forget your non stick cooking spray on this one.


I love a good chicken tortilla soup.  I have pinned several and tried several.  I came across this slow cooker chicken tortilla soup one a few weeks ago and gave it a shot.  It's my favorite so far!  It seems fresh and light yet perfect for a cold wintry night.  I think this is more a girls dinner but hey you can't have steak and potatoes every night!  Oh- and a crock pot recipe to boot!  Those are the best kind to help avoid the 5 o'clock melt down.  



2 comments:

Christy Veal said...

We are definitely going to have to try the new chicken recipe! Thanks for sharing! :)

Unknown said...

Jon literally said the same exact thing last time I cooked a pasta dish!