09 June 2009

look who's one....week that is!

Ethan's first pediatrician appointment


in the car on the way to our pediatrician



Ethan 1 week old





Ethan and his Papa






Wide awake after our bath







little love bug







Ethan and Mommy









nap time


Today Ethan is officially one week old. I'm amazed at how fast this week has passed. We have been covered in love and support from friends and family. You all have kept us well fed and loved....a big thank you to all of you.


We gave his first "at home" bath the night before his pediatrician appointment. He did very well! He seemed to like it....especially the ultra soft polo bath towel from Grandma! Needless to say mommy needed a bath afterwards from the pee that occurred just before putting little necked Ethan in his tub! I've never laughed so hard or been so happy to be soaked in pee!

Ethan had his first followup appointment at the pediatrician's office. He had gained one ounce since his discharge weight! Good job little man! He now weighs 8 pounds 8 ounces.

While Daddy was working and Nana was grocery shopping, I decided to try out the new wheels....the stroller! Ethan loved it! I can't wait until I have more energy to go for longer walks with him.


3 comments:

Mum aka Nana said...

It is truly amazing how fast 1 week has gone by especially since Little Ethan is such a good baby. He is just perfect and I love him and his Mommy and Daddy so much! I love spending time with Ethan and his Mommy and Daddy. I am the luckiest "NANA" in the whole wide world. Just love that baby! Hugs, Kisses and Lots of Love!

P said...

Oh Scar... I could just eat him up! He is beyond beautiful and I can't imagine how excited you and David are. Congrats again on such a beautiful baby boy

Sheila said...

Scarlett, David, Ethan, and Nana,

I am so very proud for all of you. You have such fun years ahead of you. Please cherish each and every moment. Love on him all the time. Sing to him often. And read to him every day! Little baby boys grow up WAY TOO FAST! He is so very handsome. I would love to see Nana and Ethan in a picture too. Love you all lots! Sheila