17 February 2011

our valentines...




Valentines Day in our family has a little tradition that I started when David and I were newly weds:   Ridiculous balloons.  Plain and simple I love to find the most ridiculous balloon I can find.  Last year,  I found a balloon with a monkey wearing boxers with hearts on them that {no kidding} matched a pair of Davids....so I had to have that one.  This year I found this monkey balloon where their tails twist to form a heart.   I also found a Thomas the Train balloon for my littlest valentine.  David gave me the good ole fashioned huge heart shaped balloon.  It is safe to say our house now resembles the Macy's Thanksgiving parade!


I must say that as a mommy I find each holiday to be bigger and brighter with Ethan.  We started our Valentines celebration early with strawberry cupcakes with sprinkles made by little bear himself.  No kidding-he mixed the batter, broke the eggs, turned on the mixer, and sprinkled the sprinkles.  He gave them to our neighbor friends {the snow didn't allow for our plans to drop a few by M&C or P&K's house}.  I think I have quite the little chef on my hands. 



On a sweeter note, David surprised me with a couples massage!  I was shocked.  I have asked him for years to get a massage with me and he has always declined.  I can NOT WAIT to book it!  Isn't Valentines Day just lovely?

]
little bear's bear feet

1 comments:

Mum aka Nana said...

Love traditions...Special Memories that will only grow to be the best memories ever. Hugs, Kisses and a whole lotta love!