28 February 2011

the road not taken...


Back in my freshman college days I was on the direct path to work in the medical world.  I was knee deep in biology books but needed more hours to keep my scholarship.  I needed a filler class and found myself in an interior design class with all junior/senior students who were all majoring in design of some sort.  Needless, to say my direct path forked into two and I stood in the middle...... for a while.  While studying abroad for a summer, I interned at QVC UK with the set designer and found myself touring the not-so-touristy places with a several quid in my pocket and list things to buy for a set.  What an amazing experience to say the least.  

Back in the US I realized, "if you want to starve, you will be a designer...." {thanks for advice dad!}.  Luckily, I knew immediately as I met with a nursing director that nursing was a perfect fit.  I love my job, however, some days I can't help but to dream about going to a beautiful office like the photo above to work on making someone's house their favorite space.  

This is an office of a designer based out of Atlanta.  


Scarlett

0 comments: