17 April 2012

so big...


I've always heard when you bring home your second child your first one seems big and older immediately. It is so true.  However, over the last few weeks Ethan has really lived up to being a big brother.  

It started with chewing gum.  He has had a fascination with gum for months.  We told him he could have gum when he was 5 years old.  He would see David toss his gum in the trash and Ethan would try to sneak it out of the trash to chew it.  Yuck...I know.  Then we caught him putting gum in his pocket from Kinko's....my little 5 finger lifter has started early.  So...the Easter bunny brought him a golden egg this year with sugar free gum.  He did great with it.  He immediately looks 10 years old chewing gum.  Kinda funny.

Over the weekend he had his first "throw up."  This was my first kids puke experience that wasn't baby spit up.  It came out of no where after bedtime stories.  He looked at me confused when it started.  I told him, "it's called throw up honey, just let it out."  And he did.  He seemed a little scared, but he never cried.  He later said, " I spit up like Bennett!"  Such a strong boy:)

I've mentioned in the past how he LOVES reading.  His room always looks like a library exploded with books everywhere.  He has now decided he puts himself down for a nap.  He picks out his own books and "reads" out loud to himself.  It is really cute to watch on his video monitor.  He just makes up stories as he goes loosely based on what he remembers us reading to him.  

When did my baby get so big?

1 comments:

Unknown said...

This just breaks my heart! He's such a big boy now!